1. Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop Review
Well, the folks at Apple have come up with a gem of a laptop with the Apple MacBook Air MC506LL A 11.6 Inch Laptop. Compact and lightweight, this is probably one of the most portable machines on the market today – and it’s pretty easy on the eye as well. Packed with user-friendly features and strong enough to cope with the rigours of day to day life, the Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop is well worth considering if you are looking for a new laptop.
It’s super-fast, thanks to the flash memory storage, and is great for multitasking thanks to the two independent processor cores which also reduce the power usage so extending the battery life. Weighing in at just 2.3lbs, it really is a machine you can take everywhere, all day and every day. The HD, 1366 x 788-pixel widescreen makes the most of the 11.6inch screen, and the full-sized keyboard and glass multi-touch trackpad really does make this an easy laptop to work on.
- The compact size and super lightweight make this the most portable laptop on the market today. Apple has not sacrificed any strength in order to get the weight down. By using a super-strong aluminium case instead of a plastic one they have ensured that the Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop is not only lightweight but tough and robust as well.
- Fast and quiet. The speed making it perfect if you need to close down and move from place to place. No more waiting minutes for your computer to go through its start-up performance.
- The glass multi-touch trackpad is one of the most user friendly you will find.
- Even if you are not familiar with the Leopard operating system, it’s easy and straightforward to learn.
- As ever with Apple, you have to be prepared to pay a price. You’ll need to splash out around $1200 for this little baby.
- Available support for Apple is a little limited. Not that they don’t provide good customer service, it’s just that if you’re on the road and need something done there and then, it’s not as straightforward to find the right person as it would be with a PC.
- The Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop has an internal battery which means you can’t carry an extra battery around with you to change over. The only way to re-charge is to plug it into the mains.
- You may find you need to purchase extra connectors and cables such as Ethernet, VGA etc if you need to connect up to an external monitor etc.
- Flash memory storage. This replaces the usual spinning hard drive usually found in PC’s and laptops, and means almost instantaneous start-up, both when booting up and awakening from hibernation mode.
- 4Ghz intel core 2 duo processor.
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth ready.
- Integrated Facetime Webcam.
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system.
Who is this for?
For anyone who is constantly on the move, this laptop is the lightest and most portable on the market. If you’re not an Apple user already, once you try this out, there’s a possibility that you might end up changing every household computer over to an Apple. For students, travelling salesmen or just about anyone who finds themselves lugging their laptop around on a regular basis, the Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop really is a dream come true. After all, every pound less in the weight you have to carry is a godsend, both at the beginning and the end of a busy day.
Why is this worth buying?
For convenience and portability, the Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop is currently the best deal on the market. The latest Snow Leopard operating system combined with the 1.4GHz Intel processor provides a fast and fluid machine, ideal if you like to keep multi-pages open at the same time. The battery life is decent enough for the size of the machine and does exactly what Apple promise. So if you’re surfing the internet with wi-fi, watching YouTube and doing some work in word, you’ll get around 4 hours as standard on one charge. All in all, this is definitely a laptop worth considering.
2. Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop Review
The Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop is certainly another success for Apple. With the signature Apple Unibond casing, once again this is an ultra-thin, ultra-light and ultra-powerful laptop that keeps Apple fans just coming back for more and more. After all, once you’ve experienced the power of the fruit, you won’t settle for anything less.
Beating at its core is a quad-core Intel i7 processor – the new Thunderbolt technology. Sandy Bridge is so ‘last year’ darling! This fantastic processor brings speed and power to previously unheard of levels. So if you need a computer that really does pack a punch, then you and the Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop are about to start a furious and passionate affair. Throw in some other yummy features such as a FireWire 800 port, SDXC card slot, and the expected Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and you’ve got one hell of a sexy little package just waiting for you to lay your hands on it.
- The Intel quad-core i7 processor – need we say more?
- Thin, but incredibly strong.
- Super light
- Super-fast and efficient
- Upgraded keyboard with keys flush to the rest of the laptop
- Multi-touch trackpad
- Superb viewing experience.
- The reassurance that you own an Apple product
- It doesn’t have a blue ray drive
- Very glossy screen – so it’s not very visible outside in the sunlight.
- The expense!
- 0 GHz Intel quad-core i7 processor
- 4 inch backlit LED glossy widescreen display
- 500 GB serial ATA hard drive
- 4 GB Ram (expandable to 8 GB)
- Built-in HD webcam
- SDXC card slot
- 2 x USB port, FireWire 800 port and Thunderbolt port
- Multi-touch trackpad
- Weighs 5.6 pounds
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Energy Star 5.0 and EPEAT gold standard
- 1-year limited warranty and 90 days telephone support. Warranty can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan
Who is this for?
Apple products have always been for those who take their computing seriously, and the Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop is certainly no exception. If you need power then this little baby certainly steps up to the mark. It’ll be able to cope with pretty much anything you throw at it, and still be happy to blast out your music, play a DVD and probably cook you dinner at the same time (okay, we were fibbing about the dinner). But seriously, if you need the ultimate in computing power sitting right at your fingertips, and you need it wrapped up in a lightweight, truly portable laptop, then the Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop is probably your match made in heaven.
Why is this worth buying?
Right, putting the price to one side (because it’s a lot of things, but it ain’t cheap!), then theApple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop is possibly one of the most outstanding laptops on the market today. And that’s saying something. It certainly takes multi-tasking to new levels and has set the bar for other computer firms to try and match up to. So, back to the price – because although it means weighing out a fair whack to purchase it, one thing you can be sure of if you decide to buy the Apple MacBook Pro MC721LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop, is that you’re going to have a whole bunch of use out of it for years to come. This is not a machine that won’t be able to cope with technology in 12 month’s time – far from it. This little baby will keep on powering on, year after year. In a nutshell – we love it!